Our mission is to assist and support King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and, where considered appropriate, other bodies relating to the NHS in England – in order to enhance services and facilities for patients and the working environment for staff, and to support research for the ultimate benefit of patients. We provide grants which contribute towards the overall improvement of healthcare.
Who do we fund?
Our mission sets out our strategic alignment with King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust as our principal beneficiary. We also work with King’s Health Partners in its ambition for excellent teaching and clinical care, underpinned by world class research.
Our grant making policy
- Strategic – aligned with King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust’s strategy
- Innovative – we are keen to support projects that transform services and outcomes for patients
- Additional – not replacing expenditure which should be funded from NHS budgets
- Evidence based – supported by research evidence, or building evidence via innovation and evaluation
- Value for money – appraising the level of investment versus the expected outcomes and impact
- Aligned with Foundation Trust policies – ensuring expenditure complies with Foundation Trust properties
Our strategic priorities
The charity has three strategic priorities for grant making:
- Enhancing the involvement of staff, volunteers and the community
- Supporting the development of highly skilled staff
- Supporting the specialties for which King’s College Hospital is renowned